- This site should be compatible with most current browsers, including Netscape
Navigator 7 and Internet Explorer 6. Some parts of the site, particularly
the search programs, may not work properly with earlier versions. Some difficulties
may also be encountered with early versions of Netscape 6, which do not always
align images correctly, and with Opera 5, which does not load all the images.
The site does not use frames or Cascading Style Sheets. It is best seen at
a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels, though it is also satisfactory at 800 x
600. At lower resolutions than this some horizontal scrolling will be necessary
to see all the page.
and the slide show. To take advantage of these, ensure that Java Script
is enabled in your browser. (In Netscape Navigator go to Edit : Preferences
- Unless your internet connection is very slow, ensure that your browser
is set to display images. (In Netscape Navigator go to Edit : Preferences
: Advanced, and ensure that there is a tick against "Automatically load
images"; in Internet Explorer go to Tools : Internet Options : Advanced
: Multimedia, and ensure that there is a tick against "Show pictures".)
- From the Home page and the Archive page you can go to a Search Page which
gives access to 3 search programs:
The first two programs are recommended for routine searches of the concert
and search data arrays within the program. Since the data is loaded into the
user's computer the files may be slower to load, but searching is very fast.
- A client-side (internal) search program which locates conductors, soloists,
composers and works occurring in the concert files.
- A client-side (internal) search program which lists the performers
for a particular concert, and enables you to search for players' names.
- A server-side (external) script which locates any text in the text
files and provides a link to the file where it is found.
The third program searches the whole web-site; it provides links to the files
containing the search item but will not take you to the specific text within
the files, nor provide links to the concert details.
HTML files for this website were edited using Arachnophilia 4.0 and DreamweaverMX;
images were created using Adobe ImageStyler 1.0 and, for animated GIF images,
PaintShop Pro 7.