You can search for the names of conductors, soloists or composers (surnames only), or the titles of works in all the concerts performed by the YSO since 1899.
To begin the search, click a button for the kind of search you want, and enter a word or words in the box, ignoring all accents, umlauts, etc..
- you can use either capitals or lower case letters, e.g. Beethoven, BEETHOVEN or beethoven will give the same result;
- do not put the word(s) in quotation marks ;
- ignore all accents , umlauts , etc.;
- foreign composers and works sometimes have several spellings in English (e.g. Tchaikovsky/Tschaikowsky, Shostakovich/Schostakowitch, Scheherezade/Sheherezade); if your search is unsuccessful, try a different spelling;
- if you type more than one word , the whole phrase will be found; e.g. if you enter serenade for strings only entries containing precisely this title will be found.
- typing serenade,strings will find entries containing either of the words serenade or strings.
- typing serenade+strings will find only those entries containing both of these words (note, however, that words in the same entry might not refer to the same piece; typing Mozart+symphony will also find a concert with a Mozart concerto and a Beethoven symphony).
- typing Mozart-symphony will find Mozart symphonies, but this method only works if the word after the hyphen is the first word of the title.